Car accidents involving ice can be quite complex because the court may argue that both sides were guilty of driving unsafely. However, if one person was driving properly, but another was not and that caused the accident, they may get help from an accident lawyer. A skilled accident lawyer can handle this type of case and help a person improve their chances of winning.
How Accident Lawyers Help With Ice-Related Crashes
When a car accident in the winter involves icy conditions, a good accident lawyer can help the plaintiff (or suing party) present their case and increase their chances of winning. They can show that the plaintiff was driving safely and that the defendant was not by following several steps. They may:
- Collect Evidence: After a serious car accident involving ice, an accident lawyer can collect evidence, including photos, office testimony, weather reports, and doctor statement.
- Gather Testimony: Accident lawyers can identify anybody who witnesses an accident, interview them about what happened, and start creating an accident timeline.
- Figure Out What Happened: As the lawyer gathers more evidence and compares the plaintiff's experience, they can create a timeline of what happened, including how ice was involved.
- Present Details to the Court: During a lawsuit trial, an accident lawyer will use evidence and testimony to recreate the accident, including discussing how ice contributed to it.
- Show a Plaintiff's Side: The plaintiff may testify in court and explain how the defendant's driving and icy road conditions caused the accident. Their lawyer will help them prepare for this situation.
- Handle Settlements: When a defendant suddenly wants to do a settlement because the evidence clearly shows they were driving too fast for icy conditions, accident lawyers can create settlements.
During this trial and its settlement, the plaintiff may also turn to the accident lawyer for emotional support. They can talk to the plaintiff, calm their nerves, provide a sounding board for ideas, and help their client get through what can be a challenging case, as ice-related crashes may require a sustained and overwhelming amount of evidence to win.
Finding a Skilled Lawyer
Those who need a lawyer for this kind of case should focus on an accident lawyer with genuine experience in ice-related car crashes. These types of accidents happen often, and sorting through their aftermath is tricky. However, an intelligent and dedicated lawyer can get through these problems quickly and with minimal trouble.
For more information, contact a professional like Todd East Attorney at Law.